Nanocem PhD prize
In connection with the transition from Nanocem to Innovandi, the Nanocem PhD Prize has been established with the aim to give recognition to the “best” global PhD completed in the world the previous year. One finalists will be selected from each of 3 regions:
- Europe and Africa
- Asia and Oceania
All finalists will be invited (all costs paid) to the annual Innovandi meeting (around October) to make a short presentation of their work and there the overall winner will be announced. All shortlisted candidates will get a certificate and the winner will, in addition, receive a unique award made of concrete with Nanocem logo.
Potential applicants are persons who have defended their PhD between 1st January and 31st December in the preceeding year (2022 for this, the 2nd award) and are less than 35 years at the time of the original application deadline (28th February, 2023).
The criteria which will be applied are:
- Fundamental research on cementitious materials and their use
- High scientific quality
- Pedagogic presentation.
Applications should be made via the Nanocem website before 28th February, 2023.
The application package must include:
- A copy of the thesis
- A one page summary in English,
identifying the novel and outstanding aspects of the work
- A link to a 5-minute video (on youtube or similar) explaining your thesis (see https://tube.switch.ch/channels/CKwHic1ahe for last finalists 2020 Nanocem prize)
- At least one journal publication resulting from the thesis in English
- CV of applicant
- Recommendation of thesis supervisor
- At least one, and up to 3 recommendations from academics outside the applicant’s institution.
Opening of website for submission 8th December 2022
Application deadline 28th February 2023
Results announced to the nine regional finalists 31st May 2023
Annual INNOVANDI meeting presentation October 2023
---> SUBMIT your thesis<---